Valentine’s Day is a day of love and heartbreak. This day was founded in Rome in 496 AD. In my personal opinion, Valentine’s Day is extremely overrated. When I was little, I used to believe it was a magical day. I loved buying roses and chocolates for my friends and family. But over the years I started to realize that it has nothing special. I believe that if you are in a relationship, this day is just a reason to stress out. Apart from that, it is a day when people who aren’t in a relationship feel lonely. Expressing love should not only be on Valentine’s Day. You should express love and plan dates whenever you have the time. Not only on February 14.
I know that valentines is not only about relationships, but also friends and family, but I believe that we don’t need a day to appreciate the people we love. Valentine’s Day is just an excuse to receive flowers and chocolates, which I love, but it is totally unnecessary. Also hearing your friends crying because they don’t have a boyfriend is so annoying, personally, for me, Valentine’s Day has nothing special. And it should be a day we don’t celebrate. But as stated before, this is a personal opinion. And I would love to know what you guys think about this “special” day. I sent a survey to my classmates and would like to share the link to the survey with you, and what they thought about Valentine’s Day.
Question: Why do you believe that?
- Because I think that it is good that people and partners have a special day and a day to notice and love each other (even though they should love each other every day) pero osea que they have this special day once a year that reminds them of their loved ones because it is not only for your partner, its for friends and family as well.
- Yes, it is overrated. Love doesn’t need a special day to be celebrated. When you really love someone, every day is valentine’s day. True love really doesn’t need expensive things to prove your love to your partner. We shouldn’t have to feel like all of a sudden we can’t be single just because couples everywhere are exchanging gifts. I’m not going out on a date with anyone just because society tells me I should. Sending Gifts, Roses, Chocolates, Promises, Teddy bears, Hugs, and Kisses on a particular day is a condition.
- I think it’s a way to show your love to someone and spend time with them without being judged
- because it is not only about having a significant other but also about the love you have with your friends and famil
- 1. Make you feel lonely2. Pressurize you to celebrate it.3. It makes those who aren’t in relationships feel unloved.
- You always give something, and you never receive anything instead.
- You can cherish people any other day, and should, but it’s nice to have a day about love 🙂
- Bc I’m single
- It’s not necessary.
- I don’t believe that it’s overrated because it’s not only meant for lovers. It can also be a day to celebrate the love you share with friends or family. It’s also an excuse to eat lots of chocolate.
- I believe no because is a day to share with the people you love the most