Laughing so much that your stomach starts to hurt and you can’t even speak is probably one of the best feelings in the world. It turns out laughter has some surprising positive effects for both your mind and your body that I bet you didn’t know of.
– Strengthens your immune system
– Lowers stress and anxiety
– Decreases pain
– Relaxes the entire body
– Prevents heart disease
– Increases life expectancy
– Makes learning easier by leaving you in a better state to concentrate and absorb new information
– Lowers blood pressure
– Improves your cardiovascular fitness during workouts
– Releases endorphins which contribute in your well being and in a happy mood
– Burns calories (One minute of laughing burns the same number of calories as 6 to 10 minutes on a treadmill)
Because of all of these benefits, here are some tips that will make you laugh more and therefore make you healthier:
– Smile more!
– Learn to laugh at yourself
– start a joke jar filled with your favorite jokes
– Watch sitcoms! Modern family is a hilarious one
– Spend more time with pets and play with them more
– Start watching stand up comedy. You can check out Netflix stand-up specials such as the ones from Pete Davidson or John Mulaney
– Play games such as Pictionary or Taboo
Don’t try to force your laughter though, everything’s better when it’s natural. Your laughter could make someone else’s day because of how contagious it is!
To end with, here is a Coca Cola commercial that for sure make you smile: